Thursday 6 October 2011

NEW BLOG - Fashion Whore Named Shannon

Okay....so I'm creating a new blog.  It's going to follow my journey through the days by posting my outfit choices.  Now don't get any ideas that I have these super amazing outfits, but I love clothes and struggle every morning with what to wear based on how I'm feeling, the clients I have for the day etc etc.  I LOVE clothes and am constantly in thrift stores to help add to my wardrobe.  In high school, I was always that girl who dressed "weird".  I tried to make my outfits look like I didn't care about them, but they'd take me hours to put together.  Not much has changed!  I still take hours to get dressed some days!  Mostly I struggle with my position as "business owner" because I'm a hair dresser, so I can get away with more "out there" clothing, but I still should look like I own the place.  I also struggle with the fact that I'm now in my 30's and have 3 kids.  What does one wear when they're in their 30's?  I love the trendy trends but they probably work better on someone in their 20's...but I'm a stylist so can I push the boundaries?  But I own a business so should I not even attempt it?  See?  It's a big event every morning!

Please comment on outfit choices, does it work?  Doesn't it?  What's good about it?  What should be scrapped?  And once you are familiar with what's in my wardrobe, please help me by suggesting outfits for me to wear.  Maybe like once a week, or on Saturdays or something I'll let my readers dress me!  And I'll be sure to announce a thrift store find, but it's up to you to find what it is!!  So thanks in advance!

So this week, I'm back logged!  I got pics all week but didn't get a chance to post any!  So these aren't "real time" outfits, but unless you're coming to the shop, you probably wouldn't have noticed!  Also, by having my pics for the week taken, I notice that from day to day, not much really changes with my clothes!  Maybe this will be the most boring blog ever?  Okay.......outfit number 1! 

Friday September 30th



Okay so this isn't the best place to take a picture....but I liked it cause it cut my head off.  Seriously! Ha!  So now all you can focus on is the clothes and not my crazy fro. 

So I swore up, down and sideways that unless we somehow returned to 1986, I would NEVER wear leggings as pants.  Yet here I am.  And in my defence, these aren't like your typical "legging".  They are super thick and have all sorts of seams and are meant to be more "pants".  What year is it again??

So basic outfit....floral leggings pants, black bat wing style shirt, leg warmers (did I just type that??) and suede ankle boots.  I should start taking a separate pic of detail, like the pattern on the pants, and maybe of my jewellery?  I do actually spend alot of time thinking about what jewellery to wear.  Hmm.....

Comments?

1 comment:

  1. leg WARMERS?
    :)
    you are OUT there! ;)

    yes to detail shots, and jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete